1. Mary usually _______ up at six in the morning.
A) got B) gets C) is getting D)has gotten
2. You _______ the train if you don't leave home early in the morning.
A) missed B) will miss C) didn't miss D) are missing
3. We _______ our breakfast when the doorbell rang.
A) have B) will have C) are having D) were having
4. The lord _______ those who help themselves.
A) help B) helped C) helps D) is helping
5. Ms. White's baby _______ up fast.
A) grow B) grown C) growing D) is growing
6. While you _______ in the park the other day, I saw you, but I didn't come up to you.
A) will sit B) are sitting C) was sitting D) were sitting
7. The temperature _______ starting tomorrow.
A) drops B) will drop C) was dropping D) has dropped
8. Some boys _______ TV; others are playing in the yard.
A) watch B) watching C) are watching D) were watching
9. The kids _______ their homework already.
A) do B) is done C) will do D) have done
10. I think my brother _______ a shower right now.
A) took B) takes C) is taking D) will take
11. Have you ever _______ a picture for someone?
A) draw B) drew C) drawn D) drawing
12. The typhoon season in Taiwan usually _______ in June.
A) began B) begun C) begins D) beginning
13. Look! It _______!
A) will snow B) is snowing C) was snowing D) has been snowing
14. My grandpa _______ a soldier twenty years ago.
A) is B) was C) were D) has been
15. I _______ have a dinner date with my friend later.
A) am B) has C) will to D) am going to
16. I _______ a trip to Taitung with my family last summer vacation.
A) take B) took C) taken D) will take
17. He _______ down the stairs and broke his leg.
A) fell B) fallen C) will fall D) was falling
18. The moon _______ around the earth once every 28 days.
A) goes B) went C) is going D) has gone
19. She _______ at the school since 2001.
A) teaches B) has taught C) will teach D) was teaching
20. Linda _______ in her office, but she will go out ten minutes later.
A) works B) worked C) is working D) will work
21. I _______ in Kenting since yesterday.
A) go B) will go C) am going D) have been
22. When I was a child, I _______ dream about living in a castle.
A) use to B) used to C) using to D) was using to
23. Joe _______ go to university. He'll work as soon as he finishes his senior high school education.
A) won't B) hasn't C) is not D) is going to not
24. He _______ jogging every morning when he lived in the country. But now, he only does it sometimes.
A) was B) go C) gone D) went
25. She _______ in that shoe factory then.
A) is working B) was working C) will be working D) has been working
26. The MRT system _______ our lives much more convenient.
A) make B) has made C) will help D) is helping
27. What _______ they doing at the time of the fire?
A) are B) was C) were D) will
28. I _______ the piano at eight last night.
A) practice B) am practicing C) was practicing D) were practicing
29. Helen is very confident, and she believes that she _______ very successful in the future.
A) is B) will C) will be D) won't be
30. Grace was eleven last year, so she _______ twelve now.
A) is B) was C) will be D) has been