Hi Dr. Chiu
Paula Begoun was on Oprah Winfrey show last year and made several recommendations on the skin care products for the best price of each category. Would you kindly let me know if her suggestions were valid? Currently, I am using Olay foaming face wash and Olay regenerist serum. And my skin type is combination towards dry skin. Thanks for taking your time to answer my questions. Have a great weekend!
1. CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser - $12.00
Purified Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.
2. Olay Foaming Face Wash - $7.00
Water, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Glycol Distearate, PEG 150 Pentaerythritol Tetrastearate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Polyquaternium 10, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Cocamide MEA, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Laureth 9
- Exfoliant - important for all skin types (my question: do we need to use exfoliate our face weekly?)
1. Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion - $12.00
Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 40 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Imidazolidinyl Urea
1. Olay Regenerist Lotion no fragrance - $19.00
Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Niacinamide, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 3, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Metabisulfite, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol,
1. It's like a make-up remover. Gentle and mild. I don't think It's necessary to put skin-care ingredients like ceramide 3, ceramide 6 II, ceramide 1, hyaluronic Acid and cholesterol inside.
These ingredients are more valuable for leave-on skin-care products.
2. It's a typical facial cleanser for normal skin. If sodium trideceth sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate and laureth 9 can be removed, it could be better.
3. It's more suitable for oily skin rather than dry skin. You don't have to use exfoliant products weekly.
4. It's OK. You can try to use it. If they can label the concentrations of niacinamide, palmitoyl pentapeptide-3, allantoin and panthenol inside and try to be paraben-free, it can be perfect.